As January draws to a close, Microsoft lets in the new year with a CU for 2016 SP1 & SP2 and a hotfix for 2017 CU13 (as below). There are also Windows updates and a variety of stories in the news to take a look at.
SQL Server Updates:
- On-demand hotfix update package for SQL Server 2017 CU13
- Cumulative Update 5 for SQL Server 2016 SP2
- Cumulative Update 13 for SQL Server 2016 SP1
There have been a number of Windows security related updates, all details can be found here.
In the news:
- Google fined €50 million for failing to meet GDPR requirements
- Sony to move European HQ from UK to Amsterdam over no-deal Brexit fears
- Sharp rise in cyber attacks targeting vulnerabilities in Hadoop components
- Malware hidden in Ad images targets Mac users
- Unbreakable "smart lock" easily broken
- Scammers attempting to social engineer a CEO get social engineered
- Security patches for iOS released
- Large "data dump" of usernames and passwords online