This year, Microsoft has been making a significant investment in new ways to support customers with deploying and using its products and services.
As they are introducing new cloud deployment and training resources, the existing Software Assurance benefits that serve the same or similar purpose are being retired.
What is Software Assurance?
This comprehensive program includes a unique set of technologies, services and rights to help Microsoft customers deploy, manage and use their products efficiently. Benefits include:
- Cloud discounts for long-term use and benefits to help you migrate to the cloud.
- A reduction in software and services costs.
- Support for on-premises, hybrid and cloud implementations.
- Helping IT teams effectively manage resources, while improving end-user productivity.
Deployment Planning Services
Microsoft are increasing their investment in Microsoft FastTrack as their primary means of helping businesses to adopt cloud services.
The organisation is investing in new training and certification offerings and programmes to help customers improve their skills on Microsoft products and services. You can find out more about the training offered on the Microsoft Learn site. These vouchers can be used to purchase in-house data platform or analytics training offered by Coeo (contact our team for more information).
Microsoft are adjusting Software Assurance support eligibility criteria and making support incident allocations simpler. At Coeo - a Microsoft Gold partner - we offer a 24/7 managed support service for mission critical data platforms, with an average incident response time of under 5 minutes.
Because of these changes, Microsoft will be retiring the Deployment Planning Services and Training Vouchers benefits. Customers have to use any existing vouchers in their agreement before the EA expires and they won’t be allocated new ones in the renewal of an EA after 2021.
- Last day to create planning services and training vouchers.
- Retire accrual of new planning days and training vouchers.
- Last day to create planning days and training vouchers for new/renewing contracts.
- Retire accrual of 24x7 support incidents
- Customers can no longer redeem planning services and training vouchers.
New options for Microsoft customers
This core program brings your business forward using Microsoft technologies, to plan and implement your full migration to the cloud.
- FastTrack follows a proven process to guide you through design and development
- The program provides end-to-end guidance built by Microsoft engineering
- Creates a holistic plan to accelerate user adoption of cloud services
- Fundamental, role-based and advanced workload training and certifications across all solution areas.
- A learning platform that offers free, interactive, online training.
- Local in-person events.
Microsoft are including a basic level of problem resolution support with $250k Software Assurance spend and offering credit to upgrade to Unified Support.
For more information on changes, the transition timeline and Software Assurance, visit Microsoft's website.
If you're looking to embark on a cloud project and would like to use your existing vouchers with a Microsoft Partner, email our team.